Welcome to Maidstone & District Neighbourhood Watch Association
As always, Neighbourhood Watch is doing what it does best – bringing local communities together by working hand-in-hand with our partner agencies to ensure no-one need feel alone when they are part of a Neighbourhood Watch community.
Gone are the days of the ‘curtain-twitching’ or ‘nosey neighbour’ image. Now we have Neighbourhood Watch Co-ordinators working within their communities working closely with our partners - Kent Police and Kent Trading Standards to name just two.
You are just a few clicks away from gathering a wealth of information that hopefully will provide you with the tools you need to ensure peace of mind and reassurance. This website is about bringing back the pride in our communities and we welcome your suggestions for future features/articles.
For details of products sold on our site, click on 'Shop' tab and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details on how to purchase any item.
- 'Think Jessica' is an operation to warn about scammers, visit their website www.thinkjessica.com for more details. It is well worth a visit.
- Want to check out crime statistics for your area? Click on: http://www.kent.police.uk/Your%20Area/your_area.html Enter your postcode and select 'Crime Statistics'.
- Is it yours? Items recovered by the police - Click on: http://www.kent.police.uk/appeals/is_it_yours/is_it_yours.html
- Country Eye free App download (see opposite) - this App is designed specifically for residents and farmers living in the rural community in particular. The App allows users to record and share information on crime whilst you are out and about.
- Watch the Cold Calling video by clicking on 'What is a Cold Calling Control Zone' - 'More information' below.
- Watch the video on Distraction Burglary http://www.maidstonenhw.co.uk/Advice-On-Protecting-Your-Home.html
Kent Trading Standards Alerts
Kent Trading Standards issue local alerts on a regular basis.
What is a Cold Calling Control Zone?
Cold Calling Control Zones are areas which are considered to be vulnerable to doorstep crime and where residents have, collectively, stated they do not want cold callers.
- RT @KentSpeedwatch: This week @kentspeedwatch #Volunteers are supporting @Brakecharity #RoadSafetyWeekِ with 10 #Speedwatch sessions planne… about 6 hours ago
- Good evening #maidstoneipag are at the vine church tonight - come along and say hello #maidstone #ipag… https://t.co/VjzxjZzHDP about 21 hours ago
- Prison visitor arrested after drugs seized following checks by sniffer dog at HMP #Maidstone https://t.co/Kb2YIHBqvA 1 day ago
- #Maidstone drug dealers jailed for possession of heroin and crack cocaine with intent to supply… https://t.co/uXDPbtG3ZQ 1 day ago
- RT @KentSpeedwatch: @kentspeedwatch schemes are looking for volunteers, can YOU help to reduce the speeds of your #community? For more inf… 1 day ago